Monday, December 05, 2005

1st Christmas weekend....

Every year my father's family has their family Christmas get together at Letchworth once a year at the beginning of December. Now that my Dad and my grandpa are gone, and my one uncle is in California, things are pretty quiet. Just a bunch of screaming kids. Quinn had fun though. Biggest event was trying to keep him away from the fireplace. No big deal though, had enough sitters!

I never understood why half the people in my family feel the need to explain why they got the presents they did for you. Every single one. I am appreciative of the fact they even got us anything and certainly wouldn't ask why they decided to get what they did. So just leave it alone and accept my thank yous....

Later in the day I took Quinn to his first birthday party. A boy in his class turned one on the 2nd and had an Elmo party for all of his family and friends! Well this kids mother couldn't rave enough about our kids being best buds in school, but she didn't know my name. She called me Megan twice. The first time she did, it kind of threw me so I didn't respond and had to catch Quinn from going into another room....then later she asked "Hey Megan, Do you like a lot of frosting or a little [on your cake]?" I was like, "a little and it's Rachele"...how embarrassing for her to not know her son's 'best friend's' mother's name. Oh well, I guess we weren't meant to be....

We also got our Christmas tree this weekend while in Letchworth. While driving home down 20A through Wales Center, there goes the tree....in the middle of the road...luckily no cars were behind us. Only one stopped later to see if we needed help. This is how much room there is in a Grand Caravan has....Two front passengers, a baby in a car seat, all of baby's stuff crammed between the door and the seats, and a 5 ft christmas tree stuffed into the back. Now that's a minivan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home