Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Do resolutions still count?

It is January 10th and way past the resolution deadline, but I have thought long and hard about what mine should be. I guess this is a ritual, every year you should have changes in mind for the next year when the ball drops at midnight on the 31st. I have never really put that much thought into any other year. So why now? Well I'm sick of looking at the piles of countless things in my house that I don't even touch, and by spring I want to have this taken care of.

Have you ever looked though a magazine and saw, for instance, a bed spread that is for sale? They do not just diplay it by itself. They make an entire mock bedroom with furniture, lamps, rugs, window, curtins, etc. Who's bedroom really looks like that? Old war books on the night stands held together by antique bookends, bed folded down with said spread with nice matching sheets...I know mine doesn't.

So this is my resolution....if it doesn't fit in the required areas, than get rid of it! For example, jewelry box filled to the rim of stuff I don't wear, but the stuff I do wear sits on the dresser. Looks messy! Or the shoe box I have is overflowing with shoes I do not wear, but the ones I do are covering the floor in the front hall closet.

Happy New Year. Thanks to all of you resolution people, now I have to clean..

1 Comments:

At 1:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rach this is sarah and i totally agree with the resolutin stuff. and like you this year that is mine...to find a place for everything and if it has not been used or unpacked this year it is going....already have weeded out a bunch of stuff and honestly I feel a ton better.....good luck with the cleaning! LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home