Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Needed: a wide angle lens.....

When did big guys on tv become all of the rage these past few years. Kevin James and Jim Belushi for instance on King of Queens and Life according to Jim. To top it off they are paired with these teeny tiny little women. Jim’s sidekick on that show too. How about the biggest loser? It’s about a bunch of overweight people running around for an hour and then crying at the end.

I’m not prejudice against big people. I know big people need lovin too. I’m not sure why television has taken this turn. I thought Hollywood has an image to maintain.

I was watching Life According to Jim last night and Jim’s brother in law Andy, the blonde guy with the HUGE gut was standing in his underwear. Last time I watched it that guy was wearing a diaper pretending he was Cupid. UGH! Why is that? Jim is funny so it does detract from the fact that he is a big guy in flannel. Same with Kevin James. Funny.

Screw your diets and let's go to Hollywood....

2 Comments:

At 3:26 PM , Blogger Mike Garvey said...

I took an acting class in Chicago and the instructor actually told me I should maintain my weight, not lose it. (I was about 270 at the time. Thakfully, I decided I'd rather avoid a heart attack than be a pro actor anymore.)

And it's true - not just with Kevin James or other sitcoms, but in commercials or cartoons or movies: the lumpy, goofy lookin' husband gets the hottie wife.

 
At 4:47 PM , Blogger R said...

Jay is 230, so I guess that proves your theory!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home