Tuesday, November 01, 2005

My Promises

I have learned so far in my life that everyone needs to, so to speak, “clean the shitter” just once so they can appreciate the guy who does it. I feel that everyone needs experience to make it in this world, and having an education does enhance that experience. You should be able to make copies, fax, and mail letters, just because you know how. No matter at what level you are at, those minute things should not be beneath you.

So the following things are things that I will do when I advance my career and am at a manager’s level:

1. I vow to not ask someone to make one copy for me especially when we are both standing right next to the copier.
2. I vow to not ask someone to make a fax for me or forward an email to email to others.
3. I vow to not ask someone to put an envelope through the postage machine, especially when I am heading out the door and passing right by it anyways.
4. I vow to not speak at all on my speaker phone to anyone, especially to my husband or child.

This is my pact that I have made to myself and my future employees where ever it is life leads me to.

2 Comments:

At 11:17 AM , Blogger Mike Garvey said...

For similar reasons, I think everyone in the world should be forced to work in food services for at least one summer.

 
At 12:59 PM , Blogger R said...

You mean tipping 15% is the norm, not an insult?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home