Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Credit Problem

We had to have the dish when we moved into our house according to hubby. Couldn't miss any of the Bulls games that we didn't get many of anyways. He was so excited about it too. Put a hole full of concrete in the back yard with a 6' tall 4x4 in it to hang the dish from. It is now a clothes line. Lucky me I've finally gotten the clothes line I've always dreamt about complete with it's own abandoned satellite dish.

We cancelled our service with Dish Network in September because we hadn't had service for about a month and they wanted to charge me $100 to come and turn the stupid thing a quarter of an inch. I said no thanks. So hubby decided that since the Sabres were off of the strike and were playing again, and Dish doesn't offer the MSG channel, that we should do the Adelphia deal for $14.95 for 4 months and $300 cash back for our dish.

Adelphia comes in late September to install the cable and in turn takes my dish receiver, which I was leasing from the company. Adelphia wasn't supposed to take my equipment as they were well aware of the fact that I did lease the equipment and specifically told me that they weren't supposed to take it. Not to mention the girl who signed me up spelled my name wrong and gave me the wrong package, so I then knew that she wasn't listening to me at all.

Now I have been dealing with Adelphia's office on Maple with is where all of the representitives on the 800 number told me to do (I live closer to the Niagara Falls Branch, but they failed to mention that there even was one there). I go to this office on Maple and she says it is probably in their home office in downtown Buffalo. So my receiver is in Dish Network receiver hell? Great.

Finally in November they find my equipment, which isn't even mine, but say that it's ok because they are having a ton of problems with taking receivers. You guys are pros at stealing and losing equipment? Great.

Sent the equipment back to dish. Get a tracking number from UPS. Fight with dish for 3 months about the credit on my account and that since they received the equipment, account should be zero. No credit. Talk to about 10 representitives. Get phone calls from collection agency on a daily basis (sometimes 3x a day) and now credit is screwed up. Can't get my student loan approved from the bank. I need to apply for a seperate loan this semester because I am only taking one class, because that is all I need to graduate, and financial aid or stafford will not cover 3 credits. If I don't graduate in time because of this that just isn't fair.

Talked to Tim in the Executive Office at Dish. Should have the credit by Friday. I'm calling Tim friday and I'll send him my tuition bill. (I did get my $300 from Adelphia which was awesome, and I am supposed to be getting $60 back from dish when this is all said and done with)

1 Comments:

At 7:10 PM , Blogger Mike Garvey said...

That absolutely sucks. "Justice" demands that I get a ticket if I park on the wrong side of the street for two harmless minutes, and yet these bastards can walk all over over you and get away with it scott free. There's a special place in Hell for people who steal your money like this and then hope you give up before they give it back to you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home