Friday, January 13, 2006

Superstitious?

Bad luck? Bring it on....

If you are seriously superstitious about Friday the 13th, then there is a name for your phobia......Paraskevidekatriaphobia. I never really knew the origin of this superstition until this morning when I decided to google it. Now I am sharing it with you.

Up until this point I always thought it was more about the Friday the 13th movies with Freddie Kruger (sp?) and had never really gotton why. I've never seen any of these movies because I have had no interest in watching those because I do not get scared from them. I love suspense movies that you have to wait until the end to find out who the killer is and is far more believeable than some guy with knife fingers coming out of the woods only in your dreams. I can't bring myself to become engaged in a movie like that for 2 hours. I did watch parts of the first one (it's about 20 years old and I caught it about 2 years ago) on TV one day because I was interested to see what all the hype was about. I still don't know what it is, in fact I laughed the whole time. In case you were wondering I have never seen any of those movies. Children of the corn or whatever, The Exorcist, or Halloween. I'll stick to movies like Seven or Malice which I can be interested in and actually give me a little scare.

Needless to say, I am not afraid of Friday the 13th (the day). I still go about with my day as if it was any other Friday. As you can see from previous posts, that bad luck comes most every day lately....maybe Friday the 13th means the opposite for me. I do have to say that after reading that article on it that I found in google, I still do not understand what the big deal is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home