Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Bulk does not mean free

I have seen people help themselve to the bulk section before. Take a piece here and there of hard candy or peanuts, but I have never seen anyone ever do this in the bakery.

Sunday I was at Tops on Grand Island, and like most people I have a "course" for my shopping experience. I met up with this older guy on my course in the baby food aisle. As I was standing there deciding on my baby's entrees for the week, he called his wife for approval on the variety pack of baby foods.

We then progressed to the cereal, then to the yogurt and milk and down the frozen food aisle. Never speaking a word to each other, we were still shopping friends because we were still buying similar things.

We get to the bakery which is in the far back corner. I check to see what muffins I can buy for the week for quick breakfasts before work. He grabs a few things, bagels and doughnuts and a Boston Cream for the remainder of the shopping trip. I couldn't believe this. I have never been able to bring myself to even sneak an M&M and this guy is walking around eating a doughnut like it's normal. I then ditched my theiving shopping friend to head to the cashier's, leaving him to drown in his custard.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home