Thursday, March 09, 2006

Feeling the need to vent....

I think that working full time and going to school part time has finally taking its toll on me. It’s been a long four years, and with that I am pooped. I’m on the brink of tears, because I’m doing a job that I do not want to do here or anywhere else. I do not want a job where I have to sit behind a desk. I am petrified that having my associate degree now means that I am only qualified to be a glorified secretary instead of anything higher.

Last day of school is today. I’m done. All I have left is my exam one week from today. Then I have officially earned my degree. You think I would be excited, but honestly it is very depressing, because I feel like I only have my associate. I made my appointment today to talk to the advisor over at Medialle to start on my Bachelor’s, but I don’t feel good about that either right now. All I can major in in the accelerated program is Business. This major is too broad as I have come to find out.

I still can’t believe I am contemplating what I want to be when I grow up? Why is it so easy for everyone else?

1 Comments:

At 5:27 PM , Blogger Mike Garvey said...

First and foremost, congrats on the last day! woo-hoo!

Secondly, I'm right there with you when it seems like everyone else is going through it effortlessly. It's like that scene from Better Off Dead when everyone in the math class understands except for John Cusak.

Just remember to take those well-deserved breaks. Ice cream works wonders, sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home