Thursday, March 02, 2006

Thank you Home Depot guy....

Despite my being sick, I ventured to Home Depot yesterday to pick out the paint for our bathroom.

Home Depot Guy: Can I help you?
Me: Not yet, I’m just looking.
HD Guy (after a lap around the paint counter): So what room are you looking to paint?
Me: The bathroom. I’m looking for a yellow. Nothing too bright or dark, maybe something in the middle.
HD Guy (Grabs a paint book): How about blue?
Me: No yellow, I’ve already decided on that color.
HD Guy (fumbles through book some more): How about green?
Me: No really, I really want yellow.
HD Guy: Why don’t you try out this computer over here.

I proceed to the computer. I go through the yellows and find Straw Hat #350. I really like this one and it looks good on the wall in the example bathroom on the computer.

Me (calling to the HD Guy): I think I found one I like.
HD Guy: Straw hat, you know it doesn’t look anything like it does on the computer.
Me: I know
HD Guy (finding sample): There is a lot of gold in this, how about this one (points to Lemon on the sample).
Me: No really that is the one I want.
HD Guy: Do you want semi-gloss?
Me: Yes.
HD Guy: Well Satin finish isn’t as shiny.
Me: What the difference in price?
HD Guy: Well Semi gloss is more.
Me: No, I want Semi gloss, that is what the construction crew ordered.

I wait for the mixing of the paint. He then shows me the paint. I swear it is the lemon color with the straw hat label on it. What was the deal with this guy about me wanting yellow in my bathroom. He kept trying to talk me out of everything I wanted for some reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home