Wednesday, March 29, 2006

R.I.P. Hyundai

After all of that work I had done on the Hyundai, would you believe it if I said that I wrecked it on Monday?

I slammed into a girl on the 190/290 split in Tonawanda, where they are doing that “emergency” bridge work. The lanes are not coned off very well and people fly through there in order to be first in this tiny little space.

She came to a complete stop right in the middle of heavy traffic. There was a guy to my left that tried to cut me off. There was not where to go but right, and hit the guard rail or the girl in front of me. I hit both. Hyundai is totaled. I’m lucky to be alive, because stupid me wasn’t wearing my seatbelt. I really honestly do where it 99.99% of the time, but was just a little lazy on Monday morning.

I suffered a badly bruised knee and forehead and some aches and pains, but I’m here. I blacked out after I hit her and came to when people started talking to me. Luckily my baby wasn’t with me.

Don’t let anyone tell you that foreign cars aren’t worth it. That little Hyundai (add some faith into the mix) saved my life.

3 Comments:

At 1:19 PM , Blogger Mike Garvey said...

Geez, glad you're okay, R.

 
At 1:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man oh Man Rach....I hope you are ok...so what are you going to do for transportation? Stupid girl stopping in traffic like that what the hell was she thinking? what a fricking idiot!
Sarah

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger R said...

Thank you! I am backpacking through Grand Island. (doesn't that sound luxurious?) I am borrowing a coworker's third car. I can't wait to have a car payment again, ugh.....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home