Thursday, September 15, 2005

Girls just want to have fun?

I do love my husband, but why am I so unhappy with our situation right now? And how do I explain this without him coming across as a jerk, because he really isn’t. He does help when I ask, but why do I need to ask him. He should know just to step in and find something to do. He sees that I run circles around him every night, doing dinner, getting the baby ready for the next day and myself ready for the next day, all while he relaxes. Or am expecting too much to think that a man would just notice that his wife is going nuts running around and she too works all day and hasn’t sat down for a moment?

I pay the bills every month, because I don’t feel that he will be able to keep up with it or that I will end up with squat every week. He is a spender, and he will spend money on something he wants first instead of something we need.

I chose to nurse my son because I felt this would be the healthiest avenue for my child. Which leads to all me all the time. He does help with the feedings at the times that a bottle could be given, or now that he is older, baby food from a jar, but at three in the morning (like last night) it’s my responsibility.

Now he is on a golf weekend with my uncles for the next four days. This completing a summer full of softball days for him. Or what about the monthly card nights? All while I still run circles around his entertainment.

Now why do I feel like this is all my fault and I’ve created a monster? That I just do it because it’s just easier to do it myself, rather than asking for help or be questioned in return. I can do stuff and leave the baby at home with him. I have no problem with that. But then the next night he’ll have to go out because I got to go out. It’s never ending. So I then feel like I might as well just stay home because I don’t want to hear about it.

Why do women cater so much to their men? It is so hard for the girls to get together because we all feel we are busy because of the things we have to do around the house. Men can just get together at the drop of a hat. Men: “hey, dude, cards tonight, are you in?” “Sure, no problem” girls: “Hey how are you?” “fine how are you?” “Fine, listen I was thinking we need to have a girls night out because I really need to get out of this house for a change, how does 3 weeks from Friday sound?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home