Friday, January 20, 2006

Parking

Why do people always pull through parking spaces? You know, when you pull into a space and you see one open on the other side and you pull through to park there because it'll just be easier to pull out instead of back out. Every one does it, and about 1 out of every 5 time will you see someone waiting on the other side for that spot. What is the right thing to do? Stay? Pull out and almost hit the person? Back up?

I went to Tops yesterday and this guy did just that. Pulled through. Now here I am about to pull into that spot when he did this and of course I raise my arms as if to say "WTF dude, I was just about to park there..." Well he interpreted my arm raising and decided to let me have the spot by pulling out of it driving toward me. He comes out, almost hits me. He backs up, then goes forward, almost hits me again. Now at this point there is someone behind me leaving very little space to back up and the guy trying to get out of this spot was throwing his arms in the air as if to say "WTF lady, I'm trying to get out and let you have this spot". Then I through my arms in the air saying, "WTF again dude, I can't back up, and you are going to hit me if I pull forward". So he backs up a little and I go around him, parking in the spot and he finds another one. He could have backed up into the one he drove through originally and it would have saved all this trouble.

Then I see him in Tops and I recognize him, and I know he recognizes me. What do you do in this situation? Talk to him about it? Flip him off? or walk away by diverting yourself through the flower display and avoid all eye contact. Yeah I chose "C". It is always easier to yell at someone where they can see you and can't hear you, but when given the chance to give it to him in person, we always put our tails between our legs and walk through the flower displays.....

1 Comments:

At 11:44 PM , Blogger Mike Garvey said...

I always wondered what the etiquette on the pull-through parking spot is. Luckily, I've never had to pull out my gat.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home