Monday, May 01, 2006

For me, a writing a paper with a word limit or a page limit has always been a struggle. I always find that I am pressured into writing too much and I find myself rambling instead of making a point, just to meet the quota. I understand the limit in a research paper, because they want to make sure you do enough research, but in an opinion paper? Come on. How much can someone seriously ramble with out repeating them selves?

I had to do this paper for school in order to graduate. It was my Outcomes Assesment Paper. I had to find an article from a Business magazine of my choice and write how it reflected on my journey at Villa and all the things that I learned there. I had to compare it to the material learned in some of my classes and what I thought would be a solution to the dilemma stated in the article.

This paper was supposed to be 3 pages long. I clearly made my point in 2 (single spaced), but I suppose in order to meet the quota, I'll B.S. a little more toward the end. I have an imac at home, which is where I first typed it, but the rest of the world is on a PC and I had to print it, then scan it, in order to change it into word and then email it. Word made my paper into 3 pages.

Back to the point. I believe that if there hadn't of been a limit, I would have been able to turn in my two page report without feeling the pressure of 3. Talk about reaching for the words to say without making it sound like complete nonsense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home