Friday, June 23, 2006

Thursday in the square was awesome last night! Blues Traveler was the main act. Loved them! Place was packed. Bumped into everyone, stepped in spilled beer and resisted my urge to pee due to the overly hot and stinky outhouses! It amazes me every year how many people come out of the wood work as true fans of the main act. There were tons of guys dressed like John Popper. What is the need for doing that? If you dress like him he will come out and shake your hand? What an honor to have someone dress like me, nice to meet you……

We then headed down to the new Buckin’ Buffalo bar. Country music fan or not, the place was packed! It was nice to see that end of Franklin Street with some life to it! Whenever I go to a bar like that, I think it’s funny how everyone has their own personal choreography to the songs that are on. Some people sing into their beer bottles, some have hand motions and facial expressions, some have dance moves and some just stand there taping their feet or moving their heads. There are some guys (or girls too) who say some of the dumbest things when they are out drinking too. This guy says to me (after grabbing my corona from the bar) “Um, excuse me, my friend and I are taking a personal survey to see if corona is a chick beer”. I think I replied with “yup” and went on my way, but that’s too funny. Any reason to talk to a girl, and really smoothly I might add.


Today I went to the dollar store for work. I had to buy some gift bags for some promotional items I was handing out to a customer. First let me say that our professionalism is slipping in this world, because some man asked me if (while I was looking at the bags) I worked there. I have on a pair of jeans, red shirt and my hair is in a ponytail (I know you are thinking that that’s not professional for where I work either, but it is dress down day and I’m allowed to dress like this once a week), but apparently I looked like everyone else in the store. The only way to tell was whether you had a nametag on or not. Forget the uniforms….

Then the cashier was running back and forth between cash registers. She had to blow up balloons for some guy, then come back to register 4 to cash people out, then she helped me with the bags, then back to the balloons and cashing out the guy who was buying them, then back to register 4 to cash me out along with a few other people. While all this was going on, both of her managers walked right passed her, neglecting the customers, and went into their little manager box (you know the one that has the two way mirrors on it). Who knows what they had to do, but save this poor girl’s butt. Isn’t that what a manager is supposed to do? I thought the customer came first. Guess not!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home