Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Groups are picked...

Yesterday we had to pick our groups for school. That’s it. One shot and this is your group. We had to “sell” ourselves briefly before the picking process. I was nervous it would bring back bad middle school gym class memories, when no one wanted me on their baseball team. We do the selling, then on our break we are to get together with each other and find our teams. How did it end up? I went to the vending machine to get some water, and on my way back a few of us stopped in the hallway and started talking, and I was like, “um, there is 4 of us right here talking, why don’t we become a group?”. And we did. Outside were the smokers, and you guessed, they are a team now. Two people just sat there in the room, instead of trying to find out who they should be with, so they are a group along with one other stray person, and the people who were left, well they are a group now too. When we sat down after it was all finalized, it looked strange. I felt bad. I felt as if the older crowd felt weird that the younger crowd didn’t pick them. It didn’t happen that way on purpose. It all just fell into place that way. One team is a mixture of both age groups, so I guess that it doesn’t look so bad. I was then nominated as the class representative. I felt pretty good about that. I think I’ll take it! It is such a switch from high school where I probably wouldn’t even have been nominated to slap the erasers together. College has given me a whole new confidence level!

Baby is good. I did miss him last night. One of my favorite things is getting him ready for bed. He gets all snuggly in his pj’s! And that fresh bathed baby smell…ooo soo good!! This morning was the first morning since he found his new separation anxiety feeling, that he didn’t scream when I dropped him off at school. That just breaks my heart when he does that. So we distracted him by asking him who is on his shirt. “Pooh” he says in that cute little voice!!

2 Comments:

At 10:31 AM , Blogger Fizzgig said...

Does that feeling you get when you pick 'teams' ever go away? Now I always picture the donkey from shrek...pick me! pick me! pick me! ohhhhhhhh! pick me! Because inside, that's what I'm thinking!

 
At 10:34 AM , Blogger R said...

It was the strangest feeling. I think even more strange as an adult. I felt as people walked by me that, "oh, see they didn't say anything to me, they must not want me", but truth is, is that everyone was just as nervous about it as I was.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home