Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I have to finish reading “The Great Gatsby” by Saturday for school. Why are we reading this? Well because I am taking a critical thinking course and we have to put together a thesis on what Gatsby’s American Dream was. I enjoy the reading, and the storyline, but these characters keep popping up out of nowhere in the story.

I decided my hour lunch hour would be well spent reading and getting a few pages closer to the end. I went to the Royal right down the street. I didn’t want to loose time for driving or time for waiting for my food to take out, so I went close and ate in. Eat in by myself? Ah facing the insecurities I guess. I survived it! The owner and the waitress both checked on my 3 times each as if I was lost. “Are you ok?” they would ask. “Yes, I’m fine thank you”. Why the concern? Did I look like a book worm? Or a loner? Do you not have any friends ma’am?

I thought it was funny. I was tucked away at this small little table for 2 with Gatsby as my lunch date.

1 Comments:

At 5:10 PM , Blogger Fizzgig said...

That's brave going out to eat alone. I've always wanted to...The movies is my 'alone' thing. Cus no one really pays attention to you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home