Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Healthy baby=happy mommy and daddy!

It has been one month since Quinn started in a new classroom at daycare. It has coincidently been one month since he has been sick. I know kids grow out of stuff, but come on. Immediately after he started in his previous classroom last October, our nightmare began. Ear infection after ear infection. He had 5 before he had his tubes put in in February and 5 after he had them in. They were in place and healed nicely, the doctors would say. I would say then why does he keep getting sick? The ear infections come from mucus settling in, and he always was getting some sort of germ to give him a runny nose. Every time he had a runny nose, we knew what we were in for. We’ve been through many bottles of Tylenol, Motrin, Benedryl, and Claritin for kids, you name it. We’ve been to the ENT and our next step was the allergist. Amazingly he is healthy immediately after a starting in a new class, with a new teacher.

I had my doubts about the previous lady. She has been doing this for years, and sometimes that is a negative thing. Sometimes people get lazy after doing something for many years, and sometimes people become pros at what they do. I know toddlers are hard to keep up after, but she never kept the “mouthed” toys separate like the other teachers did. His first teacher kept the nursery so clean you could eat off of the floor.

To add to my discernment of this teacher, she would always blow off my requests. When he was first in her class, it was fall and in between warm and cold weather, so I decided that since he was crawling he could get away with pants and not be to hot. Despite my many requests to leave his pants on because he would scuff his knees up, she still would take them off and leave him in his onesie because she thought he was too hot. For months after every time I would tell her something, my feeling about it was that she should treat it like it was the first time she ever heard that request. She was just overly-knowledgeable for my taste.

I’m still not happy he has to be there almost everyday, but I am happy he is with a teacher I like now!! Hopefully on to month two of no sickness!!

1 Comments:

At 2:18 PM , Blogger Fizzgig said...

That does seem mighty coincidental......

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home