Monday, June 26, 2006

Can I borrow $86.24?

I will spare the details of my weekend, but to sum it up, nothing Friday, grad party on Saturday and park on Sunday for lunch.

I went to the Tops near my house yesterday evening for a weekly shopping trip. Figured I’d get it done then because I hate wasting my evenings after work on shopping because I want to spend quality time with my baby! Plus the beauty of a debit card is that you can spend the money before you have it.

I was so embarrassed when I went to check out. I tried my bank card, nothing. Jay tried his bank card, nothing. We both look at each other humiliated. There has to be something in the bank we can spend before we get paid. Then the manager came over (I went to high school with her, more embarrassing) and asked if there was a problem. I said yes that our bank cards were being denied, can I write a check. Sure she says, as long as you have check cashing on your bonus card. At this point I am at the highest level of embarrassment, and reply with an “I dunno” about the card thing. She goes and checks and sure enough I do. Good, phew………….

This leads to a huge fight in the car. You took out too much, no you…and so on….he then had to call his brother to cancel our little date at the asian buffet because of all of this. Miss the asian buffet? Ugh, the best Chinese you’ll ever have too…

I call the bank when I get home to see why I would have such a problem. They tell me it was a computer error. That all systems are down, and everyone is having a problem with their cards. Great thanks. Could you call my old high school classmate and reassure her that I have money? Then order us some General Tso's...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home