Thursday, July 06, 2006

Very strange lunch I had today. Stopped home to grab a few things, then off to the bank, post office and grab a little lunch.

First the bank. I pull aside so I can fill out my deposit slip. Of course while I’m sitting there those 2 minutes, about 10 cars go past me to go through the drive trough. I get nervous because I know I only have a limited amount of time, and two more errands after this. Turns out most of them went into the ATM line. Phew. I filled out my deposit slip just as I have for the last 15 years or so that I’ve had a bank account. I listed 3 checks, amounts, subtotals, cash amount back, and total.

Drive thru lady: You can’t do this.
Me: Do what?
DT lady: Take cash back on a check deposit
Me: What do you mean?
DT lady: you have 3 checks listed here. I’m going to have to cash one and give you the money.
Me: Um ok…..
DT lady: You can only do it if you have cash on here.
Me: (thinking and looking at her like she is a dumb ass) (If I was depositing cash, then I would have kept some)
DT lady: (noticing me looking at her like she is a dumb ass) Well it is too hard to explain through the drive thru.


I get my deposit slip, with the amount I wrote on there and the cash back that I requested. What was her story???

Off to the post office. These people are great. They are always suggesting to you that you can get it there faster, if you pay this much more. “um, would you like us to send that in our jet, it’ll get there in 5 minutes and it will only cost $1,000,000”.

This guy in front of my was sending some pictures to his granddaughter in Alaska. How do I know this? Because the lady behind the counter asked him what it was (no joke). What business is it of hers? Well it turns out she was trying to save him $5 in postage by switching boxes. Still none of her business what is inside.

My turn next. It took twenty minutes to mail a small box and a patted envelope. Why? Because of all of the options I have. 5 days, 3 days, drive it there myself….I had these options for each one. Thank you PO lady.

Off to Tim’s for a quick bite. New chicken salad wrap is awesome by the way. So as I am waiting for said wrap, there is a car in front of me with her dog sticking out of the window. Problem? Well, I think it is gross that little drive thru cook lady is rubbing the dog’s face and then going and making my food. Thank you dog lady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home