Thursday, October 05, 2006

Last night I couldn’t get to sleep right away because I had thoughts storming through my head about work. Why is it that I stay here? From the moment I started here, I’ve been harassed in one way or another. Not physically, but emotionally. By emotionally I mean I get too involved in my job and when something goes wrong I take it personally. The first 6 months I was here I was compared to the girl that sat at my desk. I wasn’t doing the same job as her, but sat in her desk, so I wasn’t her. I didn’t do things the same as her, or that’s not how she would do it and so on….then for the next two years, after I moved into a department, there was this guy there that had been here for 20 something years, and I was only 20 something years old, so I must be stealing his job. He would hoard paperwork, then blame me for losing it, or talk behind my back trying to form an alliance against me that I was stealing his job, feel bad for me, wah wah wah. He was later fired because the complaints about him were so bad. From the moment he was fired until the moment I had my son, they pretty much left me alone and that was because I was this big pregnant woman. That was a nice two months.

When I left for maternity leave, they analyzed my job and when I came back all of a sudden I needed training. During the training all the computer girl kept saying was, “yeah you did that right” so obviously I knew what I was doing. I did learn a few more ins and outs that I didn’t know so it wasn’t a total bust. On top of that, someone here was dictating my job to me, but he isn’t management and not my boss. Now for the last 10 months or so, when ever there is a mistake, it has been made known that it was my fault.

See a pattern here? I have overcome all of this, but why do I put up with it? I’m surprised I don’t have an ulcer. The positive is that I have done many different things here and learned new things, so that would be my only pro in staying.

Side note about America’s Next Top Model:

My vote is AJ. I liked her from the start because she claimed that she was unique and not like the other girls. I’m glad Monique was booted off because she was just nasty, pretty and a good model, but nasty. The twins are a good pick too because they weren’t expecting to be models but are really naturally good at it.

Side note #2:

Isn't this ironic? Do you think Elvis has had enough of people trying to be him, so he had that guy's money maker pelvis broken? "Ha, no one can shake their pelvis like the King!!!!"

2 Comments:

At 11:29 AM , Blogger Fizzgig said...

You just gotta love the work drama. Why is it that any one person in an office can relate to another? Is there some secret society everyone is in that they don't tell you about? It's sad when people feel the need to point out your errors, because being perfct must be pretty time consuming.
I personally know a ton of perfect people. They're everywhere. Psh.

 
At 12:05 PM , Blogger R said...

Being perfect is alot of hard work and dedication....these people work harder to look that way instead of actually working. I refuse to mention this to my boss again, because I'm sick of looking like a tattle tale.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home