Saturday, November 11, 2006

customer satisfaction, 101

I'm at 99.9% now. I still have this lingering cough that will not go away, even after taking all of the recommended over-the-counter cough remedies.

Today was the day that I had to present the rough draft of the project that I have been working on. I was 15 minutes early, looks good. Introduce myself. Meet the woman I'm doing this for. Say hi to the girl I know, that I have been working with.

I went to set up while they finished their lunch. I was a bit nervous, after all this is my first real customer. Not my family member or friend or anything.

They love it. Looks great. I was so excited about that. We narrowed everything down and make the final decisions. Ok we're done. Everyone is happy.

Then it happened. We were deciding on a deadline and I said it. "When do you want this by? Just so you know, Tuesday isn't good for me. I have work and then school, so I'll be gone from 7 am to 10 pm." and then she said it (half joking, half serious), "Well this isn't about you, haha". I don't know this woman well enough to think maybe she could be joking. Maybe she was, and I'm worrying about nothing. I tried to redeem myself by adding, "your right, I could meet you (girl I know) during my lunch or after work if you want it for Tuesday". She responded with, "no I think we could do it on Wednesday or Thursday". I felt like such a jackass. I know it sounds so minute, but I felt like I lost the presentation after that. Then I was even more nervous, so I started to pack my things and I put on my coat, with coffee stain and all.

I tried to pick up the pieces with a conversation about my kid (which is what I've turned into because I do not do much else, so he's all I have to talk about to these people). We did have a nice conversation, but I was nervous and swaying (because of having said kid I still sway like I'm holding him) and I thought I had a booger so I kept brushing my nose with my finger. I was mortified. Here are these women, all dressed to the nines and eating their pizza with a fork and a knife, and drinking wine with it and here I am looking like a coke addict who couldn't stand still and can't wash her coat.

I said, "Ok, I'll get out of your hair. We'll be in touch." and left with my tail between my legs!

At least they loved the work I did! That was the plus!!!!

1 Comments:

At 3:52 PM , Blogger Fizzgig said...

Thank you for cheering me up when I needed it!
And, you're right, at least they loved the job you did, that's what they will remember the most.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home