Thursday, October 26, 2006

Gotta love that Mickey D's.

I went to lunch today with mom and Quinn to the McDonald’s near my house. They have a play land there where Quinn can run around. He goes up the slide about half way and then runs up and down the steps the whole time. He had a happy meal with nuggets and apples, mom had a cheeseburger, and I had a chicken sandwich.

I went back to work, and took the rest of my diet coke. I had it sitting on my desk and you wouldn’t believe the number of people who commented, “oh, McDonald’s. That ‘stuff’ makes me sick”. Oh does it? Why are you telling me that? It then compels me to reply with a, “Well I only go once in a great while” or “I only had a grilled chicken sandwich” (of course intentionally eliminating the fries, oh so yummy fries). What do I have to justify there? If I want to eat it 3 times a day, 7 days a week, so be it.

You know they are only telling you that because they want you to think they are so health conscious and they never ever eat that “stuff”. Every one grabs it now and again, especially because it is fast. You can easily get a salad or a grilled chicken sandwich which are very healthy choices.

Yes I am defending the fast food market. Why? Because there are a lot of choices that you can get and not worry about health risks.

Now go grab some of that “stuff”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home