Thursday, August 10, 2006

Um, Excuse me please????

For the past week, my co-worker has been on vacation. Meaning I have been doing her job and mine for the past week. I have no problem with helping, but there are some things that she deals with that I just lose my patience for very easily. Then I go home and have a chip on my shoulder, and that shouldn’t be happening. There are very overly interested people in my office, that when you are on the phone or talking to another co-worker, butt in and start talking. Or answering questions. For me it is a really hard thing to deal with and every day I try to overcome it, it becomes a little bit worse. I hear this stuff happen when she is here, but to experience it first hand is very trying. I’m glad I do not do that job on a regular basis.

Butting in may be no big deal to some people, especially the ones doing the butting in, but I think it is exceptionally rude. Especially when you do not excuse yourself before hand and get the person’s attention. Also, especially when the person butting in only knows about what you are talking about from previous eavesdropping or snooping.

Plus on top of it, they handle things that I am supposed to handle, at least I thought I was according to my boss. I can not work in this environment anymore when one person thinks they are in charge of just about everything when in reality they are just a co-worker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home