Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Back to school

I am getting back into school mode again. It started yesterday with me grocery shopping during my lunch hour so I would have some extra quality time with my kid last night. Also some extra time to make tonight’s dinner, so Jay wouldn’t have to worry about it. I’m so domestic like that.

I broke out the crock pot again for another season. I usually retire it for the summer, because who wants to eat hot foods like soups, stews, and chili’s in 90 degree weather. I put together my first chili of the season, and by the looks of today’s brisk and gloomy weather, I’d say that will really hit the spot tonight. I have about 45 minutes to swing home after work, chow down, get changed, smooch the babe about 100 times and head for orientation.

I have to be there tonight promptly at 5:30 to sign in. I then get my picture taken for that student ID card (which I never ever have on me at the right times), and then off to my cohort to meet my class. During this time we will get to know each other, and outline our personalities and interests in hope to make the perfect group. I have high expectations for my group and I do not even know them yet. I have a high desire to succeed, therefore there is no room for slackers. I also am excited to meet my class, but know that will get shot down when I’m in a room full of 40 year olds. This is what I’m expecting to happen. This seems to be the pattern that I’ve been on for the last 10 years. Either I’m with people 10 years older or younger than me. Probably because many of the people my age either did school at the correct designated age or have left this area to pursue bigger and better things. Usually the only person around my age, ends up being the teacher, and granted I’m not that old.

With that being said, I’m a bit nervous. At least hubby and baby will be fed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home