Monday, August 14, 2006

My weekend was fabulous! Much better than my not-so-fabulous week. I was pretty beat by the end of the week, doing both jobs and starting a cold on top of it.

Friday after work, I headed up to Long Beach, CA for some time with the fam. They rented a cottage there for the whole week last week. It was a nice time. Quinn got to go in the water, Jay and I each took the Jet Ski for a spin, and we ate, drank and sat by the fire! We were up until 2 am, just laughing and having a good time. Jay stole an old fence to burn from some guy’s wood pile, and some already burning wood from an abandoned fire. Pretty funny!

Traveling to Canada is nervewracking for me though. I'm always nervous to cross the border. I have nothing to hide. I do not have a record of any kind. Will they search me? Did I answer wrong? You know it is never that bad......unless you are bad...

Saturday we were so beat from staying up late, and fighting colds, that we just slept most of the day. Later I made Steak and Shrimp Kabobs on the grill loaded with mushrooms, peppers, onions and a little summer squash, topped with carrebian jerk marinade! We had some leftover macaroni (mom’s) salad!

Sunday we drove to grandma’s house. We had a nice little visit and she showed us her garden. She also tried to push everything she could on us, since we were there. “Since you are here, why don’t you take this cute little set of drinking glasses with you? I won’t use them”. We did a little reminiscing of the neighborhood, and they told us who was new and who died in the area. Grandpa told some crazy jokes and couldn’t quite make out those pine cones at the top of the pine trees. We then had some pizza hut and headed for Wegman’s.

Wegman’s was nice, as always. It presents such a warming atmosphere to shop there! Everything was running smoothly until Jay bumped a relish jar onto the floor from the display. It was an accident and he pushed the contents and broken glass out of the way with his foot. We were on our way to let a manager know that it had happened, and this woman about 10 feet ahead of us let her know first. It wasn’t a big deal. She didn’t have to let her know. I could see if we had fled the scene and didn’t fess up to the relish mishap, but come on…we were on our way there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home