Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Plans changed so fast yesterday. Instead of the 45 minutes I thought I had, I wound up having 2 ½ hours. Day care called. Baby was sick again. I knew he would wind up with something seeing as his eyes were starting to get goopy yesterday morning. Sure enough, when he woke up from his nap, his eyes were glued shut and all puffy and purple around them. Can this kid get a break?

I left work after I got the call and went to pick him up. I drove to the pharmacy to get his prescription that the doctor was calling in, but it wasn’t there yet. I went home and he played and he followed me around the house going “uh, uh, uh”. That is his latest thing. He can say all sorts of words, like ball, what’s that, mama, dada, mima, papa, where it go, up, etc…but we can not get this kid to say please, it is just “uh, uh, uh” and pointing. We’re still working on that one.

Orientation was surprising. In my last post I expected everyone to be over 40, but that wasn’t how it was. Only 3 people were and that includes the teacher. Everyone else was under 35. So am I ready for this? Not really. Especially since I found out that they changed the program to seven weeks per class and one week off in between instead of five weeks per class and no breaks. Instead of 18 months like I planned, it is 2 years almost to the day. That threw me a little. Of course I’m sitting there, calculating it in my head…hmmm..I’ll be 31 when I’m done, and hopefully pregnant because I’m trying to fit another kid in there and ugh…that’s a long time from now. Everyone seemed pretty nice. I have to spend the next 2 years with these people. The cool part about the program, is that I am able to see my assignments a week before the class. I will have a week to work on them and they are done in time for the next class. There is more time to prepare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home