Friday, September 01, 2006

Just rambling!

The story starts out with me, on Tuesday, losing the setting to my wedding ring. I bumped my left hand on my keyboard here at work, looked down, and OMG no diamond! I immediately get down on my hands and knees and start the hopeless search for my trillion. Of course this then prompts people to say…um, Rachele, are you ok? No, I lost my setting to my ring…..then we have about 5 people on their hands and knees. Even a flashlight was here to help! It’s not here…do not freak out. Check under the desk, nope. Check the garbage, nope. Check the rugs, Nope. Ok, where have I been in the last ½ hour I’ve been back from lunch? Let’s retrace our steps here. Go out to the car, nope. Walk with my eyes glued to the floor on my path down and back, nope. Ah I threw something out on my way up….check garbage, nope. Check surrounding floors and rugs….what’s that….OMG….It’s the shiniest piece of dirt I’ve ever seen…THAT’S IT!!! I couldn’t believe I found it

Flash forward to Thursday. I have my diamond and my ring on my dresser in a baggie waiting for the trip to the jewelers, so I haven’t been wearing anything on my finger. I feel naked. Well let me tell you the looks that I get when I go places without my ring on. It is the “ohmygodIcan’tbelievesheisn’tmarriedandhasababy” look. I just want to yell back to these people after said look and say “Um, I have a husband at home….” Do I really need to explain? Then I remember for a second how I have been that judgmental on a few occasions and jump to conclusions, but if I were a Carrie Bradshaw, this would truly be my journalistic experiment.

Yesterday night my television choices were Urban Legends, and later Windfall. One of the urban legends they were talking about, was how this couple brought their dog to a Chinese restaurant and did not know the language. They sat down to order and motioned that they would like her to watch the dog, to please go ahead and feed it. You know what is next. They have the best meals of their life, and when she brings the check, she has the dog collar on top of it and they realize that they’ve eaten their dog. Gross, yes. It is not true though. Although people from that part of the world do enjoy the canine, they do not accept your dog you bring with you….I am enjoying some orange beagle right now! Hmmm, this place isn't very far from the SPCA.

Windfall was great, but my only complaint is why haven’t they introduced Ethan’s dad sooner? YUMMY!

1 Comments:

At 4:36 PM , Blogger Fizzgig said...

Losing your diamond, holey hell, that happened to me and I found mine too at home! What luck!! It is a horrible feeling!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home