Monday, December 18, 2006

Been awhile?

Friday was my last day. It was a very emotional day for me. A lot of people said some very nice things to me. Management however, failed to give me a bonus and pretty much treated me like "Don't let the door hit you in the ass..." Ah well, I'll miss a lot of people. The girls had a going away party for me, and one of the girls got me a really pretty necklace. They had the upmost respect for my decision and made me cry. A few of the guys in the field even made me cry!

The rest of the weekend was spent Christmas shopping. We spent too much money!

Today was my first day at the new job. I think I'm going to like all of the incentives they offer. It is like having your own collection business, but working for someone else. You pretty much have to have a pulse to make a bonus too, so I think I'll do ok. I can really move up fast in there if I really set my mind to it. I just have to roll with the punches for now and act like the rest of the new comers! I had to sit through orientation today. I met this really cool girl and we had lunch and we had the most laidback conversation. No girly judging or feelings of insecurity for those few moments you start talking. Too bad she is not staying for a little while. She is a youth counselor and was laid off due to budget cuts. She had an interview today at 4. At least I had someone to talk to that was on the same page as me.

1 Comments:

At 7:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rach~
I am glad that everything went well at the new job orientation....good for you! You are going to love beinghome! And about the xmas shopping and too much money....trust me I knwo what you mean...we spent way way way to much this on the kids....it seems like I can't walk into the store lately without buying them some kind of christmas present....I am banning my self from shopping. ( thank good ness everything is bought, wrapped and stashed!) Have a great holiday..we are pretty booked with family events to visit with any friends this trip home...so we will see you sometime next year hopefully!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home